RAJUK Plan Approval Process for Construction Permit in Dhaka City
Building Construction in Dhaka City needs Legal permission from Rajdhani Unnayan Katripakkha(RAJUK). RAJUK Plan Approval Process for Construction Permit in Dhaka City requires different types of drawings. These drawings are prepared in accordance with the Dhaka Mahanagar Imarat Nirman Bidhimala-2008. Either an Individual Land Owner or a Developer Company, must take plan Approval before starting any construction. The whole process of Plan Pass Process is described below:
Step-1: Land Use Clearance (LUC)
Land Use Clearance is the first part and preliminary formalities of Plan Approval Process. An application to be submitted to Town Planning Department in RAJUK prescribed form(Form No-101). The form must be duly signed by the owner of Land/Any other authorized person by the Land Owner.
The Following Documents are Required for LUC Submission:
- Land Registry Copy
- Via Land Registry Copy
- Duplicate Carbon Copy (DCR)
- Mutation Copy
- Updated Land Tax Copy
- CS, RS and MS Khatian
- National ID Copy/Passport Copy
- Passport Size Photo-1 Copy
- Application Fee as Bank Draft in Favor of RAJUK
- LUC Application (Form-101)
Incase of Housing Land, Following Additional Documents Required:
- Possession Letter Copy
- Payment Clearance Copy
- Lease Deed Copy
- Allotment Letter
- Sale Permission(If Applicable)
- Mutation Permission
- Layout Plan from Housing Office
- Re-construction Permission(If Applicable)
- Time Extension(If Applicable)
The Following Drawings Required for LUC Submission:
- Digital Land Survey Report (In 1:5000 or 1:10000 Scale)
- Location Map of Land
- RS, CS Map Superimposed Drawing
- Site plan of Land showing Land use within 250m (15cmx 20cm)
- The width of nearest Road
The Following Information Required to Fill up the LUC Form-101:
- Name of The Applicant/Land owner
- Present Address of the Applicant/Land Owner
- Proposed land use for plot
- Exiting Land use of plot
- Proposed Land Location
- Area of Land in Katha
- Ownership History of plot
- Name and width of connecting Road
- Elevation of Land with respect to Road(Reduced Level)
- Land use of surrounding plots (North,South,East,West)
- Other Land Information (If any)
Time Required for Land Use Clearance(LUC) Approval:
- The official time for LUC Approval is 30(Thirty) Days from the date of submission of application.
- The Time ma vary due to many unavailable circumstances.
Fees for Land Use Clearance(LUC) Approval:
- Application Fee for Land Use Clearance is Tk.1000/-(One Thousand Taka) Only.
- 15% Value Added Tax(VAT) to be added with the above fees.
- The fee to be deposited as Bank Draft in favor of RAJUK in Scheduled Bank
Validity of Approved Land Use Clearance(LUC):
- The validity of Approved LUC is 24 Months from the date of Approval.
- The validity can be renewed for another 12 Months by Applying through Form-111
- Before expiring this validity, you should submit the construction permit to RAJUK.
- If the validity Expired, you should take LUC Approval again.
Step-2: Construction Permit/RAJUK Plan Approval
After getting Land use clearance approval, Plan to be submitted for Construction permit. The plan pass submission to be done by RAJUK Prescribed Form(Form-301). Plan must be submitted within the validity period of LUC of 24 Months. The whole process of RAJUK Plan Approval for Building construction in Dhaka City are described below:
The Following Documents Required Before Submission of RAJUK Plan:
- Application Form of Construction Permit(Form-301).
- Land Use Clearance Copy.
- Bank Draft Copy of Building Approval Fee.
- All Land Documents described in Land use clearance section.
- Soil Test Report (If Applicable).
- Far Calculation Sheet Described MGC, Setback, Number of storey etc.
- Ammonia Printed Approval Drawing Sheet in standard A0 to A4 page.
- Indemnity Bond for Piling or Besant Construction.
- Floor wise Number of Apartments.
- RAJUK Registration and IAB Membership Certificate for Design Architect.
- RAJUK Enlistment and IEB Membership Certificate for Structural Engineer.
- Land surrender Deed for proposed road Extension.
Qualifications of Design Architect:
The Design Architect should have the following qualifications if he/she want to prepare the RAJUK Approval Drawing Sheet and Sign on it-
- Bachelor of Architecture from IAB Accredited University.
- Member of the Institute of Architect Bangladesh (IAB).
- Minimum 8 (Eight) year of Experience for Design of any types of Building.
- Registered to RAJUK under Legislative of DMINB-2008.
Qualifications of Structural Engineer:
The structural Engineer can conduct the Structural Analysis &Design Works as well as sign on Approval sheet if he/she has the following qualifications-
- Sc in civil Engineering Degree from any IEB Accredited University.
- Member/Fellow of the Institution of Engineer Bangladesh(IEB).
- Registered to RAJUK as Structural Design Engineer under the jurisdiction of Dhaka MahanagarImaratNirman Bidhimala-2008.
- Minimum 8(Eight) years of Experience in civil Engineering Field and 5 years in Structural Design Field.
The RAJUK Approval Sheet Contains the following:
- The Title of the Plan Approval Sheet.
- Name, Address, Mobile Number of the Applicant and Signature.
- Name, Address, Mobile Number, Membership Number of IAB, Registration Number of RAJUK and Signature of Architect.
- Name, Address, Mobile Number, Membership Number of IEB and Enlistment Number of RAJUK and Signature ofStructural Engineer.
- LUC Approval Reference Number and Date.
- Occupancy Type of the Proposed Building.
- CS, RS, SA Dag No, Mouza and Thana Name of Proposed Plot.
- Site Plan in 1:4000 Scale.
- Layout Planin 1:200 Scale with the following Information-
1. Boundary demarcation of site with measurement
2. Existing Building Information (If any)
3. Connecting road name and width
4. Main Entry position of the proposed Building
5. Location of underground water Reservoir, Septic Tank, soak welletc
6. Sanitary plumbing connection plan
7. Waste collection point
- Floor plan in Scale 1:00 which include the following-
1. Position and dimension of every rooms.
2. Position of Doors and windows including their dimensions.
3. Location and measurements of Stair, Lift, Lobby and Fire exit(If Required).
4. Roof plan including Terrace, Chilakatha, Lift Machine Room,Overhead Water Tank and Water Disposal Plan.
5. Parking Plan with Entry, Exit, Gourd Post and Driveway.
6. Location of Generator and Sub-station Room.
- Two Cross Section in scale 1:100 along with long and short Director of plan. The cross sections includethe following-
1. Height of Every Floor.
2. Lift, OHWT, UGWR
3. Lift Machine room and parapet wall.
4. Plinth level from existing Road and Footpath level.
5. Existing and Finished Ground Level.
- North, South, East, West Elevation of Building in Scale 1:100
Fees for Construction Permit:
- Application Fee for Construction Permit is Tk.1000/-(One Thousand Taka) Only.
- Approval fee to be deposited to bank in favor of RAJUK as below schedule-
- Fee of Tk.175/- for Floor Area up to 50 Sqm
- Fee of Tk.350/- for Floor Area >50 sqm to 100 sqm
- Fee of Tk.525/- for Floor Area >100 sqm to 200 sqm
- Fee of Tk.700/- for Floor Area >200 sqm to 300 sqm
- Fee of Tk.1300/- for Floor Area >300 sqm to 500 sqm
- Fee of Tk.3600/- for Floor Area >500 sqm to 1000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.7800/- for Floor Area >1000 sqm to 1500 sqm
- Fee of Tk.11000/- for Floor Area >1500 sqm to 2000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.26000/- for Floor Area >2000 sqm to 3000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.41500/- for Floor Area >3000 sqm to 4000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.62000/- for Floor Area >4000 sqm to 5000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.83000/- for Floor Area >5000 sqm to 10000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.105000/- for Floor Area >10000 sqm to 15000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.130000/- for Floor Area >15000 sqm to 20000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.207000/- for Floor Area >20000 sqm to 30000 sqm
- Fee of Tk.365000/- for Floor Area >30000 sqm
- 15% Value Added Tax(VAT) to be added with the above fees.
Validity of Approved Plan:
- The Approved Plan to be valid for 3(Three) years from the date of approval.
- You should complete the construction up to plinth Level within This validity period.
- If you fail to constructup to plinth level, the approved plan will be invalid.
- You can apply for time extension for 1(One) year within The Validity period.
- If the validity expired and not to apply for time extension, you have to take plan Approval again with the similar proceedings as before.
Special Conditions for Plan Approval:
- Land to be completely vacant before submission of plan.
- Land to be surrendered by breaking existing boundary wall for proposed road expansion.
- The minimum proposed road width will be 20 feet for public Land and 25 feet for housing Land.
- Proposed road width can be 12 feet in case of shared road by the dwellers.
- There are some height restrictions by Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh(CAAB) near airport and runway areas. In this case Height clearance to be taken from CAAB through RAJUK.
- The Minimum plot entry Gate will be 18 feet,otherwise plan cannot be approved.
- The Drive way must be 14 feet wider.
- Lift is mandatory for building more than 6(six) storied.
- Fire Stair is mandatory for buildings more than 33m height or 10 Storied whichever comes first.
Step-3: Occupancy Certificate:
- After completion of construction, Occupancy Certificate must be taken from RAJUK before start Living.
- The Occupancy Certificate will be valid for 5(Five) years and must be renewed for another every 5(Five) years.
- If you fail to renew the Occupancy certificate, the approved plan will be invalid.
- If you want to take re-approval of plan? Have to pay 10 times of plan approval fee and compensation as fixed by the plan Approval Committee.
- The followings are required while taking Occupancy Certificate-
1. Construction Completion Report.
2. As built Architectural Design.
3. As Built Structural Design.
4. Building Services plan.
Step-4: Permission for Special/Large Projects:
Some projects are called special projects or Large projects in DMINB-2008. This type of projects needs special project permission for special Project Approval Committee of RAJUK. For special project permission, an application to be submitted through special project Approval Form (Form-201). This is the last steps of RAJUK Plan Approval Process for Construction Permit in Dhaka City.
The projects will be treated as special projects, if it includes the followings-
- Residential Building with more than 40 (forty) Flats.
- More than 7500 sqm Gross Floor Area according to FAR.
- Shopping Mall with more than 5000 sqm floor Area.
- Project Connecting to National and Regional Highway.
- Brick Field and Hazardous Industrial Factory.
- Any projects within 250m of Historical Building.
- Any projects within 250m of parks or any other Natural Beauty Area.
- Projects within 50m of hilly area and from River Sides.
Special Project Application Required the Followings-
- Land use clearance copy/No-objection copy.
- Ownership Evidence/Land Registry copy.
- CS, RS, MS Map.
- Dag No, Mouza and Thana Name.
- Khatian, Mutation etc.
- Number of Storey in proposed Building.
- Total cumulative Floor Area.
- Floor wise area mentioning their use.
- Total Number of Flats.
- FAR Calculation Chart.
- Required water requirement of proposed project.
- Source of water and its supply networks.
- Required Electricity of proposed project
- Source of Electricity and supply Diagram.
- Construction starting Date, phase of construction.
- Duration of construction completion.
Special Project Approval Drawing Include the Followings-
- Site boundary measurement.
- North Directional sign of proposed site.
- Name and width of connecting Road.
- Holding No, Plot No and Mouza Name of the project.
- Plot Elevation with respect to Road Level.
- Information of Existing Building inside the project.
- Adjacent Building height and distance from plot boundary.
- Vehicle and pedestal Entry and Exit of proposed site.
- Drainage system of the plot and Disposal Network.
- Location of Electrical sub-station.
- Waste water and sewerage Treatment plant Detail.
- Garbage Collection and Disposal Management.
- Any Special Building within 250m of proposed Land
Time Required for Special Project Approval:
- Official time for Special Project Approval is 45(Forty Five) days from the date of submission of Application.
- The time may vary due to unavailable circumstances.
Fees for special project Approval:
- Special project Approval Fee of TK. 10,000/- (Ten Thousand) only.
- 15% vat to be Added with the above fee.
- The fee to be deposited as Bank Draft in favor of RAJUK.
Validity of Approved Special Project:
- Approved Special Project will be valid for 24(Twenty Four) Months from The date of approval.
- Special project permission cannot be renewable.
- If you fail to Apply for Construction Permit within this period, you have to take Special Project Approval again.
The above RAJUK Plan Approval Process for Construction Permit in Dhaka city is a time-consuming and tiresome process. There are so many Architectural Firms in Dhaka to guide you to get your plan approval easily. Carefully choose a reputed and professional firm to expedite your whole process. We at SHELLMARK LIMITED are working in this field for more than 10 years and completed about 100 projects successfully.